Since the ACSM Annual Meeting is virtual this year, special interest groups will also meet virtually. Below is information about the virtual meeting on June 10 and co-chair elections.
Virtual Meeting: EXS EDU Celebrating Resiliency (June 10, 3:00 – 4:30 PM EST)
Join us for our annual Exercise Science Education Special Interest Group meeting. We were all challenged in the last year to learn new ways of teaching and interacting with students. Some of those strategies, we will continue to incorporate even post-pandemic. We plan to celebrate the things we’ve learned during the pandemic about successful high-impact teaching and learning, and we will discuss resources for the future.
Register in advance for this meeting by clicking the registration link below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
A few highlights to look forward to during our meeting:
- Discussion with ACSM Educational and Professional Development Strategist Yuri Feito about ways that ACSM can support faculty
- 3-min “Quick Takes” from IG members about successful strategies implemented over the last year followed by discussion
- Discussion of 2022 ACSM annual meeting proposal submissions and organization of EXS EDU focused thematic poster proposal
- Announcements about the 2022 Wolters Kluwer Innovation in Teaching Award, CAAHEP accreditation, EXS EDU IG virtual seminars this summer, and new opportunities to submit and access peer-reviewed teaching resources.
- Introduction of EXS EDU Co-chair candidates
Election for new co-chair
Our candidates for the incoming co-chair position are below. We appreciate their willingness to serve! We will introduce the candidates during our virtual meeting and then a link to information about them and an opportunity to vote that will be emailed to all IG members.